Sunday, November 18, 2007

On Friday mornings I volunteer to drive senior citizens to doctor appointments across Salt Lake county. My first pick up was is Sandy City and as I dropped down one of the many hills there was a cop at the bottom waiting for the unlucky person who was not paying attention. My first ever speeding ticket was received shortly thereafter. Did I mention I was doing service for old people...? (I'm not bitter, really...) I guess it had to happen someday and this is probably the best way it could have happened since I don't feel bad at all.

As for my life, my best friend is under the impression that I need to out myself to my dad. I can see her point, that I need to get over it and move on with my life and in telling him that I'm gay will be the hardest thing I have to do so then I can just move on. There are a few little problems though, I have never got along with him and we don't see eye to eye. SO thats not a big deal I don't care, things can't get any worse then they already are. In the past when I was to the point of telling him it was because of spite, now it is just because... It is the way it is, and if he can't deal with it o'well. At the same time I never want to tell him or my family because I want to deal with this on my own. When life comes to an end I want them to be surprised that I kept it to myself and delt with it by myself. That might not make sense, but I see the flaws in it and I know what I have to do. Its just when will it happen, if my friend gets her way it will be this weekend. So we'll see what happens...

2 comments:

J G-W said...

When I finally came out to my parents, one of the first things my dad said was, "I wish you had told us sooner. I wish you hadn't just struggled with this on your own."

Potentate said...

Well hi there. Welcome to the blogs. Congratulations on the ticket. Props for serving old people and having a best friend.

Let us know what happens.