Tuesday, September 30, 2008

random thoughts...

ok I should be starting a paper right now that is due tomorrow afternoon but I guess I won't get very far tonight. so this is whats on my mind, I know that it will cause some commotion in the moho world but its the truth in my life...

anyway I am going to my friends house on the east coast over the holidays and I'm thinking I'm gonna get drunk... the weird thing is that as I have thought about it I get sick to my stomach, but everything else in my life that isn't up to the church's standards I'm fine with... I guess I'll see what happens, I have always thought that drinking is a waste of money and it's not worth the side effects and even if I wasn't lds I wouldn't really drink... I guess its just one of those things where you draw the line even if it has nothing to do with the church?

I figure I'll probably be going to the matis fireside next week(?) depending on the weather...(I might even catch a ride with somebody from slc area...) I don't want to be one of those people that acts like they're a good little mormon boy but they do everything under the sun when nobodies looking... I'm just trying to figure out life... I don't judge anybody for how they live their life and so I guess I don't want people to look down at me, I know that is hypocritical especially since I just generalized a group.

as for everything else I'm just living day to day. its late and this doesn't make much sense I'm sure so I think I will just go to bed...

6 comments:

David said...

Drinking isn't all it's cracked up to be. Never been to a Matis fireside...I should go one of these times.

October Rising said...

it's hard to look down on you. yer really tall! haha

Robert said...

I don't mean to encourage it...but you know about my summer. Don't kick yourself and don't worry too much. I'd never think less of you for drinking. It's not that big a deal. Just don't become a drunk. That would be lame.

P.S. If I wandered across this comment, I'd think, "Oh, man, look at that jerk encouraging Cadance to drink." But then I totally understand your entertaining the idea to drink.

Robert said...

You're a stud with a sweet bike. That won't change. :D

Z i n j said...

Cadance...I'm worried about you. I see you identify with "Into the Wild". It is thought provoking. I spend a little too much time out there alone. I admire his willingness to ...do his thing...regardless of the consequences. You should also read about Everett Ruess. I search for him. I often also go with friends. I often find myself in compromising situations with them. I hold my own. Especially since I'm not allowed to be out and don't want to be out. It a cultural thing and a personal choice. This doesn't have clarity. Sorry about that. I am saying that I find peace and solace out there. Somewhere you need to find passion...that is what has me worried.

Cadence said...

so zinj said I need to find passion, I know what he meant but isn't an alcoholic very passionate about drinking?

david, I realize that drinking aint that great...
october... LOL thanks dude, take it easy let me know if you ever need anything k

robert, dude seriously whats up with your phone? I've texted you a couple times and either you are ignoring them or your not getting them...

zinj, I really like your music on your blog... and right I'm freakn jealous of your pictures...