Saturday, December 13, 2008

freakn a
what is it with the world... I'm sick of this monotony called life, I keep waiting for something new and exciting but it never will come...
I saw the end of a movie called "I am David" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ayK9m0f_Q basically it's about a boy that was a prisoner in WWII and is trying to find something in Denmark... it turns out his mom wrote a book about the whole thing and was famous and he was able to leave his horrible childhood behind for a brighter future.

Is it just me or do other people wish something like this would happen to them? I am always secretly hoping that my life will take a dramatic turn for the better... I hoped when I turned 18 that someone would say ha it was all a joke and your a rich millionaire.

so I guess I should realize that this is never going to happen and I make my own success... obviously I'm not very good at it because I'm failing one of my classes and I don't even care, I have two papers to write for it and every time I think of them I make myself sick. I don't even care that it will drop my graduating GPA below 3.0 if I ever get that far... so yes I realize that this is part of my problem but I really don't know what to do about it. I have always had a problem with hating my miserable life but somehow I get through it, now this makes things harder...
It seems everything always comes back to this and I should do something about it but what? I don't want to got to a psychiatrist but maybe thats my answer... whatever I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks and this blasted year is almost over.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Hey bud!

I'm sorry things are really sucky for you right now. I hope that they will start looking up for you soon.

One thing that has helped me when I feel like this, is creating goals for myself. I found that by doing this creates a sense of purpose and duty. Doing this has made things a lot easier for me to get through tough times because when I'm feeling down or out of it, I just think about my goals and what I need/can do to achieve them. I don't know if you have tried this, but it might help.

Another thing that has worked for me, is finding something that you are passionate about. Doing this also creates a sense of duty and purpose. You can throw yourself into it and get lost because it is something you love.

Again, I hope that things start to look up for you and that you have a great vacation! :)

UTMOHO said...

Hey, I agree with Sean, get busy go find something that is attainable that you want to do. Whatever it may be do it. It is fun to accomplish something fun. School and life are hard enough we need to have fun in our lives. So have a good Vacation and let me know when you're back.
Mike

Z i n j said...

The Bohemian likes to vent. Aristotle advocated catharsis or emotional release from negative feelings and Sigmund Freud theorized that repressed emotions could build up and cause psychological symptoms..... Hang in there. Have fun back East.