Friday, December 5, 2008

venting... beware...

curse so I'm going to vent and I don't want sympathy I just have to say this and forget about it
I know profanity isn't necessary but I'm sure it will be in here so beware...
yesterday I woke up at 6:30 am for a follow up visit to my dermatologist. I went in and it was the same routine, he looks at me for literally 30 secs and says "It looks good" and I leave...
today I was charged 84 dollars... usually it's only 50ish, I didn't say anything because I was like what the fuck in my head and I didn't want to deal with it... (I might call up billing later but I don't even care anymore..) I owe this guy over 2500 dollars and I've paid him about 1000 so far. I don't have insurance and at first he was discounting everything because of that...
anyway I'm taking out a student loan this semester if I ever finish the paper work and guess where it's all going yeah I forgot to say they started charging me interest every month with out telling me. I'm just going to pay it off and forget about it. if I didn't get the point across I'm fucking pissed about the whole situation and even though I could do a hell of a lot with 2500 not even considering its a loan that I will have to pay back I wouldn't care if I bought 2500 dollars worth of gum drops and threw them away I feel I would get more for my money...

you might ask why I have a 3500 dollar bill at a dermatologist... well I'm very vain and I didn't like my nose... so yeah I guess I should say god hates me cause I'm gay and so for whatever reason I have skin cancer (just so nobody freaks out it is NOT melanoma, melanoma is the only deadly kind of skin cancer. I've had it since I was 20 but found out about it last summer) regardless it is bull shit.
venting ends...(kind of)
on another note as I was riding home I realized I needed to get gas and I was going to stop at a chevron that was on my way home but I never made it... gas mileage drops during the winter due to how they refine it (during the winter the refineries do something I can't remember what exactly to make it work better in colder weather) so my calculations on when I need to get gas are off... anyway this is my email that got posted on www.payitforwardtoday.org

Giving Gasoline and "PIF"

I figured I'd write you with my own type of PIF that was directed at me. I ride a motorcycle and I know relatively to the mile when I need to get gas. Well this morning I pushed it too far, I was not too far from a gas station but far enough that it would of been a pain to push the bike to the station. When it happened I only could blame myself. I pushed it into a neighborhood and I guess someone getting ready for work saw me and came out saying he had a gas can he would let me use, I thought sweet that way I won't have to buy one. When he brought it out and handed it to me it was full, it caught me off guard and I didn't know what to say, all I needed was a few ounces to save me a bunch of time.

I'm really independent and I have never really been in a situation where I was the one that needed help but I was very greatful for the guy going out of his way to make my life a lot easier when he could of just ignored the whole situation. I didn't know how to thank him other then just to say thank you, and to continue to "pay it forward"


so I don't know, I don't think the trouble that I would of encountered would add up to the difference of the 30ish dollars I had to overpay my doctor but it actually made my day quite abit better...

1 comment:

Z i n j said...

that is a sweet story....I remember the good ol days travelling with my parents when the clutch went. I-15, dark, cold, freezing, between no where. Who stops.. a car with BYU chicks heading home to small town Utah for the Christmas break. No hesitation on their part. We could have been the evil empire. I was so impressed. Hang in there Cadence. We all vent in different. I like your style. Stay Kool.