Saturday, January 31, 2009

friday trib article...

ok I know I should just stop watching/reading any type of news...

http://www.sltrib.com/Salt%20Lake%20Tribune%20Home%20Page/ci_11573218

this isn't a direct quote from Monson but I take it that it's true:

"He has made it clear to the bishops of the church that people come before programs. If there must be a choice between helping those in need and maintaining a program, the people in need are always to be helped, even if it means disrupting programs."

the last point the article makes is about support for prop 8... so to me it doesn't add up, Monson says people come before programs but I guess were not people?

whatever is all I can say... someday it will catch up to them, I just wish there was a way to write to the church and complain and get noticed, it doesn't matter and doesn't get anywhere if you just keep it local (ie: ward/stake) so I will just keep it all inside and let the true church slip away cause they don't want to amend it... what can you expect help the minority or keep the majority content...

1 comment:

Alan said...

I saw that too. It did seem like kind of a puff piece that danced around what was to me a glaring contradiction. Oh well, the Church PR machine is very sophisticated, no doubt.