Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ugh...

so a long story shorter then it would be... I had a appointment with my "new" (as of 6 months ago) bishop... who is just trying to meet everybody... well I know I'm a horrible person so when I saw him my initial impression was nope I'm not going into any kind of gay detail... and I didn't. I don't know what it is and I don't really care but I didn't want to get into a deep discussion so I kept it completely clear of anything that would lead to anything... first off my apt. was for 8:30 and I got there at 8:23 so I'm ok with an apt. going late but some kid comes rushing in and knocks on the door and obviously the bishop is talking to someone so the kid sits down and when the previous apt. is over he goes straight in... very annoying... anyway I finally go in at 8:50 and again I'm not feeling it so I play it very cool. I don't lie about anything but he asked how I was doing and I said "great" and then there was the common chit chat and he asked if I wanted to talk to him about anything and I said "no" then some more chit chat and I basically told him singles wards where not my thing and he said I could goto a regular ward (point for him, I might just do it because I can) then the loaded question was basically "do you see yourself going to church later on when you don't live in utah" and I said something like "I do miss church outside of utah" so then he just gave me some generalized advice and I was gone by 9:00...
I thought of basically making it this my last interview and voicing my concern with the churches actions during the prop 8 debate but I'm off the hook with this ward and now I might go to the other ward and see what that bishop is like otherwise I will just continue on with how my life has been as an inactive member...

1 comment:

Z i n j said...

Hi Bohemian...hang in there. Hows school going?