Thursday, February 12, 2009

the "reply"

so this looks like it's going to be a little harder then I expected? I know she is sincere and does care for me... so I guess I will just try and explain things as best I can... I will post what I reply to her but I'm open to any suggestions prior to try and explain the "trying to fight your feelings"... so thanks in advance...

my name here,
Well I have to say I am a little speechless and I don't know quite what to say. But know that I do love you and I want to be a good friend/sister and be here to support you. I do have many questions and I don't want to seem like a prude, but have you considered the "spiritual" side of this, I mean are you trying to "fight" your feelings or do you accept them as final? Have you spoken to a bishop? I think that the family would have the hardest time accepting this because we believe that it is a sin (as I"m sure you know) we would all be concerned for your welfare in that matter. But ultimately we love the sinner and hate the sin right? Please don't be offended, I just want to understand you better. As for the family, I can only imagine that you would not want to tell your dad? I think that your brother would be the one to talk to first. I don't think that anyone in my family is suspicious. You certainly took me by surprise. Please let me know what I can do to help and I am here to listen to you and help you talk to my family. I know that in my husbands family there is a cousin that is Gay. It is never really talked about. He lives with a man but they don't come to family events together and I really don't know if he ever "came out" to his parents. But we all still love him. I will do whatever I can to help you.
Please keep talking to me.
her

No comments: