Sunday, March 7, 2010

untitled cont. renamed "thoughts I have pondered for a very long time..."

it has been said that masturbation is only a problem when it basically overtakes your life. I've always wondered about that, seriously how can it, I mean as a teenager or a horny guy you might do it a lot and you might be late to school or something once in awhile because of it... I'm not gonna lie I'm a guy I think about sex a lot... so I guess it is just part of life...?
anyway my point is this... what about blogging, today I've spent the entire day [literally] reading blogs... I don't know how bad this is other then it proves how lame my life is or how much I haven't gotten over being gay... in the past I have been so focused on being gay that yes it did overtake my life, in that I didn't study or I didn't care about things, but blogs was a means of coping? so was it still bad? or is the reason that I can't just get over that I'm gay the problem... I blame that on how I was raised... (even though it was LDS it is evident that the problem is more because we live in a homophobic society... that of course is my opinion) so to quote Brokeback Mountain "I wish I knew how to quit you" or I wish I knew how to move on with my fucking life...

5 comments:

playasinmar said...

I think blogging is the de facto substitute for a lack of attachment. You need a boyfriend!

School Politics for the Feebled Minded said...

Hi! Your blog was next to mine and I always get caught up in random, anonymous people's blogs! I LOVED the Harvey Milk movie. And my thoughts after watching it: here was a brave man, not a gay man, but a brave man. We can hate ourselves for alot of things......being a drug addict, a thief, a predator. But those are all things people CHOOSE. I wish those who think being gay is a choice would read your blog. Why would someone choose to be gay, if they hate themselves for it? You are in my thoughts and prayers, and you are wonderful just as you are! ---Former Catholic Mom of 3 in Wisconsin.

Cadence said...

playa - I totally agree with you, but I might be too big of a loser to find one I mean who does that (reads blogs all day)...?

SPFM - HEY thanks for the words of advice/encouragement. it really does mean a lot. A couple things... first I have no way to contact you, if you like random blogs I can give you my normal one just to prove I am somewhat normal...? and I've thought about being a teacher but your blog (though I haven't read much of it) scares me a little, I don't care about the politics of the administration... I want to teach for the kids... so do you have any advice on that?

Andrew Valentine said...

I really like your blog its really interesting, you have some great "long term thoughts" so keep sharing them.

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place si am sa mai revin sa-l vizitez. O zi buna